Day 4 Hearing26/11/2021
The Inquiry heard a continuation of Bhatt Murphy’s opening statement, from Laura Profumo. The Inquiry then heard further opening statements from core participants:
- Brian Stanton gave an opening statement on behalf of Owen Syred, who worked at Brook House during the relevant period.
- Jude Bunting on behalf of the BBC.
- Jonathan Dixey for the Independent Monitoring Board.
- Julian Blake on behalf of the Home Office.
- Amy Mannion on behalf of the Chief Inspector of Prisons.
- Andrew Sharland QC speaking on behalf of G4S Health Services and G4S Care and Justice Services.
- Cecily White on behalf of Practice Plus Group the current operator of the primary care services for Brook House IRC.
This was an in-person hearing and was also streamed live on the Brook House Inquiry YouTube Channel.